Thursday, July 24, 2008

Geri MacRoy Long Arm Quilt Artist

This is a close-up of the wonderful quilting done by fellow PAQA member, Geri MacRoy on a piece of my hand painted fabric. At the time she bought it, she told me she was pretty sure it would become a whole-cloth quilt.
It sure did!!! and a beautiful one it is.
Malibu Burning
quilted with neon threads and embellished with Swarovski Crystals and Tintzl
The finished quilt size is 41” by 38”
"It got in to the MQS Show in May and it got pretty good marks,
I have not yet heard from the American Quilters Society on whether it has been accepted.
I entered it in the Fabric Art division", says, Geri
"This year I have been entering lots of quilt shows.
Currently I am teaching longarm classes for Sewing Concepts in Woodstock and Carpentersville over the summer. I am loving it. It is a series of classes which begin with basics and are leading up to more advanced topics.
I attended lots of hands on classes at MQS in Overland Park this May. Some of my teachers were Cathy Franks, Dawn Cavanaugh, Jamie Wallen, Sharon Schamber, Irena Bluhm , Paula Platter, Cindy Roth and more. I am still absorbing and applying the wonderful things learned from these wonderful teachers. In August my husband and I are going to the Nashville Quilt Show. Rich is now a card carrying member of AQS!
This week I am completing a lovely Depression quilt top into a finished quilt for a local customer.
The quilt top was made by her great grandmother. It has really been a worthwhile experience. I am doing custom start to finish quilts for people who request specific quilt projects".
Her web site address is www.lovingquilts.com.

No comments: