Wednesday, August 27, 2008

QUILTING ARTS SOCIETY

Several months ago a small creative group of women that meet monthly, invited me to join them, which I did. Unfortunately I have only been able to attend two meetings so far. The main purpose is for “show & tell” and artquilt world discussion. But a long-time topic has been the search for a suitable location for “get your hands dirty” working meetings. A restaurant environment is a bit limiting when we would like to dye, discharge, paint, glue, & heat gun, etc. This last Saturday we were invited to Linda Berry’s beautiful home in “countryland”, where she and her husband have lived for 30 years and raised 4 beautiful, successful children. Set on, I don’t know how many acres, is a sprawling 4-bedroom ranch home with a full walk- out basement. Since her children are now grown and out of the house, Linda has appropriated this entire basement as her studio !!!! And boy is she organized !!! I apologize for not having more photos to show you, not good at remembering to do that just yet, I will get better, I promise. But near the end of the day I did remember and here are a few.

This is Linda & Darcy's "work station" on the table


Actually this table was big enough for 3 of us to work on small projects all at one time, what fun that is !!!

This is only one entire wall of many just like it !!

Darcy Berg, trying out a new photo transfer technique


Posted by Picasa

No comments: