Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tweaking the BLOG

I've been reading another of the many popular Dummies books, Blogging for Dummies,2nd edition, written by Susannah Gardner and Shane Birley. So I have begun to make some changes here. In the beginning, when I first started Blogging, I was somewhat afraid that if I made a change and didn't like it, I might not be able to go back. I've acquired some confidence now and hope to make it more visually appealing as well and easier to navigate. Yesterday I changed the overall template, I liked the line between the body and the sidebar that my friend Melody Johnson has on her BLOG. I feel it gives the layout more structure. I recently took classes in graphic design, but we used Adobe Illustrator where things stayed where I put them. Not so with Blogger. I look at lots of other Blogs and think about what I like or don't like, but don't always know how to make the changes. The learning continues to be fun, and as I learn more, I want to do more, I think that's a natural progression for us creative types. Next I want to give my previous entries categories, so it's back to the book. What do you think so far?

No comments: