Friday, July 16, 2010

Art Journal Fun

Here's the two page spread I plan to work on today. This is one of my smaller art journal's that I have not worked in lately. It's time has come. Four hours at the Plainfield Art League each Friday has become a fantastic opportunity for me to focus on my personal journals. The majority of my life's work has been created not only because I really do enjoy doing it, but always with the purpose that someone else would love it and want to purchase it.

That scenario presents a number of different challenges. Selections of color, design, style, imagery are all viewed from a perspective that focuses more on marketability than personal expression. Once I made the commitment to allow myself to create work solely for my own pleasure, and that was not an easy mental shift, I'm having more FUN.

No comments: