Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Charles Rennie Mackintosh


“Saguaro Forms and Cactus Flowers”
Frank Lloyd Wright Stained Glass Detail

architectureplace.com


 Frank Lloyd Wright has always been my
Architect for Inspiration.
I plan to write about him in a future post.

But today I suddenly remembered the name of Charles Rennie Mackintosh from the depths of my subconscious. I've never been to Glasgow to see any of this man's work, but years ago a dear friend sent me a postcard with a photo from The WillowTea Rooms on the front. I wonder if I still have it?

Charles Rennie Mackintosh 1893 © Annan Gallery

At any rate, when it suddenly came to me this morning I ran to the computer and did a quick search and came up with all kinds of info about him. 
There's a Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society, imagine that?
Here's some links to give you an overview of his work. Be sure and click on the ABOUT Mackintosh and scroll down to the Utube video which gives a quick tour of much of his architecture work.
The Flickr link shows even more.

No comments: