Monday, December 15, 2008

GLASS DESIGN WORK AREA

Took this shot this morning, cleaned up and put everything away when I finished last night. That project is now in the kiln. I loaded it first thing this morning, right after making the coffee. This kiln is not automatic and so it requires careful monitoring during the ramp up to temperature, soak, cool down and annealing phase. Also I am keeping a written firing schedule while I learn this kiln and what the work I choose to do requires. Today's project has now gone through the cycle to the annealing phase, thus enabling me to turn it off, unplug it, and allow it to cool to room temperature. So now I am free to move on to other projects. Fortunately, for me, this kiln has a window in the lid so I am better about
NOT PEEKING, which could shock the glass and cause it to crack.

No comments: