Thursday, December 18, 2008

IN LOVE WITH GLASS (part 3)

Having previous experience doing 3D work I thought it would be cool to do stained glass angels from free scraps. That collage instinct is always just below the surface waiting for an opportunity!!! Soldering on a flat surface is challenging enough, but 3D was a very humbling experience, way beyond my skill set.

Another fellow in the group, not the leader guy, showed an interest in my idea and devised and built some wooden supports to hold the pieces stable and at the proper angle during the soldering phase. They worked great and I really like the overall results, but the soldering skill proved to be beyond my patience level at that time.

I do like the way they turned out, but life happened and I moved on to other things. I still have all the scraps, I hauled them in from the garage to use in experimental ways in the new kiln.

GLASS COLLAGE !!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: