Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today has to be a first !!!

Here is my friend and fellow quilter, Annette, working on an applique project.
After church we went to a nearby quilt shop and then stopped at JoAnn Fabric's on the way home. What's so unusual about today? I bought NOTHING !!! The quilt shop was busy and we enjoyed browsing and looking at all the new quilt books, she bought a book. And at JoAnn's she bought machine needles. Beyond that NADA !!! Maybe it's the stage we're at in life, we HAVE EVERYTHING we need or want. I came home and browsed through the books I have in my personal library and found a method to get quilting done quickly once a top is finished. It's called "Quilting from Back to Front" I'm going to practice this tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. Then I went in the studio and worked on the quilt I told you about yesterday. Can't believe I didn't buy anything !!!! O.K. Now it's time for bed.

No comments: