Friday, May 8, 2009

What have I been doing?

What have I been doing? Nothing particularly creative, that’s for sure. As usual I filed for an extension on my income tax return. My tax lady, who is also a friend, is very busy at this time of year and she is happy for me to wait until later in the summer, so it’s about now that I begin catching up on my data entry stuff. I’m not speedy, like my daughter who can do 10 key entry and talk to me on the phone at the same time. She’s BOTH left-brained and right-brained!!! She’s also left-handed, wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Then I also bought that contact software and installed it on my laptop. MORE DATA ENTRY. I believe it will help a great deal in both the business side and personal. This is the year I’ve committed to getting “all my ducks in a row”. I also upgraded my personal bookkeeping to Quicken 2009, so that’s another new thing to get the hang of


And Then there’s been the Face book thing. That’s fun and a great time taker upper. However, I did get to find friends and relatives that live in Europe and even SKYPE with my niece. I am beginning to see what it is I have been doing.

And then there’s the garden. I only have a small area next to my patio where I can plant things. The rabbits have gotten the better of me and I am only doing daylilies from now on. Also, they are pretty self-sufficient if I forget to water, or need to go away on a trip for a time. I don’t even have to buy new ones anymore, they’ve all gotten to the point that they need dividing. Since the ground here is all clay, that’s no small feat to dig one up and cut it apart. I’m putting them in nice big pots that can over winter and I like the effect quite a bit.

No comments: