Thursday, October 22, 2009

Artist Self-Promotion

Today the sky is so overcast and dark that all I want to do is NOTHING !!!!! However, I have overcome that desire by doggedly spending time in my office attending to my new game plan for self promotion. I'm rereading Alyson B. Stanfield's book, The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion. First and foremost is my mailing list, particularly of greater importance than ever in this quickly changing communication environment. In her book, Alyson suggests trying out several database programs to find the one that best suits you/me and promises the effort will pay off in the long run. Good advice, as over the years I have tried a few different methods, none of which has been satisfactory for me so far. Why? I need something REALLY simple and convenient to use that fits my working (or lack of) style. So for now, I'm going back to basics and using WORKS9, and customizing it in a way that hopefully will help me focus on my goals and achieving my personal definition of success. The new faster computer already seems to be a worthwhile investment just because it seems to speed up the process of getting things organized. I'll be sure and let you all know how this goes.

No comments: