Monday, February 22, 2010

Buds & Blossoms

Working on my entry/or entries for the next Plainfield Art League Exhibit has become an interesting creative challenge. The majority of my work being non-objective/abstract, call it what you will, has caused finding or creating a work for this theme, to put me in a state of unrest for several weeks. So today I’ve spent a good deal of time poring over my photography inventory.  I LOVE flowers, and realize that one of the things I enjoy most about the work of Georgia O’Keefe, is the manner in which she brings us up close and personal to the individual flower so we can take the time to see and get to know it, much the same as being a friend takes time.  Ever since I got my digital camera with the real close-up zoom I have embraced the opportunity to take a zillion pictures and only need to pay for and keep the good ones.  But, I really wanted them printed huge, well no smaller that 8.5 X 11, and that gets a tad costly.

Well, the breakthrough for me is this new photo paper for my ink-jet printer. Really good results and the colors, I think, are permanent.  For quite sometime I’ve wanted to use my own photos in my collage work, but when I applied matte medium to the surface the inks always ran, so that needed more research and got put aside. I just printed a small test and coated it with medium. So far it looks good, no moving ink, yeah !!!

Well I got a little off track here, didn’t I? These are some photos from last summer that I just printed and will now have to decide which ones I want to dry mount and frame for the exhibit.  Whew, some days it just all works, doesn't it?

READY TO BLOOMflwrreadytobloom   flwropeningactOPENING ACT

READY FOR THE DANCEflwrreadyforthedance

OPEN TO THE SUNflwr01flwrfinalbow

FINAL BOW

2 comments:

Sara Bills-Thwing said...

This is wonderful - so glad that everything worked and you're having fun

Carolyn Abramofsky said...

Did you mention which paper you are using? Inquiring minds want to know. Carolyn