Saturday, February 27, 2010

Start Ups

Yesterday I went to the PAL to “gallery sit” and to work. This is such a win-win for me. At the last minute my friend Joy called to say she would not be able to join me as we had planned. OK, so now I needed a new plan. The large space with many tables is a dream come true. Last week I coated “the back side” of 6 sheets of watercolor paper with Golden Matte Medium. FYI, Canson 9X12 120lb, rough surface, heavyweight. I buy this at Michaels in pads of 10 sheets (on-sale or with a 40% off coupon). I Repacked my carry/roller case with collage making essentials and the prepped papers. By noon I was all set up and worked straight through till 3:30. Now these are only the beginning.  I like working on several start-ups at once so as not to spend too much time on each one. These will have several more layers added to them.
Now I will work on each one more individually focusing on “the story” as it becomes revealed to me.  Here they are.

1 comment:

Julaine said...

I'm thinking it's time for you to submit some proposals to the magazines...you really do have a wonderful gift, JoAnn!