Friday, April 23, 2010

What’s a Chihuly?

stlouisbotanicalyellowspiresonfence
Sara made this comment, so I guess I should tell you all more.  Dale Chihuly is a world famous glass artist who’s work has awed me for years.  I first saw it “live” at the Chicago Botanical Garden exhibit in 2002.  Previous BLOG posts have addressed my LOVE affair with glass.  I’m not exactly sure but I think it began with the Marc Chagall windows at the Art Institute, Chicago, IL.
Marc Chagall, America Windows
Then the Chihuly exhibit at the Garfield Park Conservatory, Chicago, IL. fueled it even more.
The Chihuly pieces I saw on Sunday at the Missouri Botanical Garden, St.Louis, MO. need more research to see if there are other pieces now in their collection that will be displayed when the weather warms up more. I’ll bet the guys at Third Degree Glass Factory know the answer to that question.

No comments: