Friday, July 2, 2010

Altered Book page spread

This is a two page spread from an altered book created when I was teaching myself this NEW creative technique.  It has been taken out of the original book because I really like it and think I want to display it in a frame. One of the things I learned during this process is sometimes a really good result can be on the opposite side of another really good result, and you have to make a decision if you are willing to give up the other side. Fortunately, in this case, it wasn't an issue. But there are a few others in this same book that I'm not yet ready to relinquish.  Keep the entire book together? That is certainly what many altered book artists do and I hope that some day I will get to the point where I'm happy enough with all the pages and can do that.  I'm no where near that yet.
Progress not perfection, right?

1 comment:

KRDesigns11 said...

Baby steps! I've seen art where what was on the backside could be seen from the front through the paper which added positively to the front image.